I’m playing along with Julie at Pancakes and French Fries (who I hate for making me do this).
Before buying any new books – and yes, I have a problem with buying too many new books – I’m going to read all the ones that are sitting, neglected and unread, on my shelves.
Here’s the list. When I finish each one, I’ll write a review and link to it on this page.
I’m starting with East of Eden by John Steinbeck.
1. David Copperfield | Charles Dickens
2. The English Patient | Michael Ondaatje
3. O Pioneers | Willa Cather
4. The Last of the Mohicans | James Cooper
5. 1984 | George Orwell
6. A Tree Grows in Brooklyn | Betty Smith
7. Mansfield Park | Jane Austen
8. Suite Francaise | Irene Nemirovs
9. The Alchemist | Paul Coelho
10. The Man Who Loved Books Too Much | Allison Hoover Bartlett
11. All the President’s Men | Carl Bernstein & Bob Woodward
12. Fire at Eden’s Gate | Brent Walth
13. Inside the Third Reich | Albert T Speer
14. The Widow of the South | Robert Hicks
15. The Pillars of the Earth | Ken Follett
16. Caribbean | James Michener
17. The Story of Edgar Sawtelle | David Wroblewski
18. The Glass Castle | Jeannette Walls
19. Pope Joan| Donna Woolfolk Cross
20. Cannery Row | John Steinbeck
21. Of Mice and Men | John Steinbeck
22. The Devil’s Brood | Sharon Kay Penman
23. Game Change |John Heilemann & Mark Halperin
24. The Shack | William P. Young
25. The Fountainhead |Ayn Rand
26. East of Eden | John Stienbeck
27. Lou Whittaker: Memoirs of a Mountaineer | Lou Whittaker